We collate all our books, checking page-by-page for any defect, and comparing them to copies held by major libraries around the world to ensure completeness.
We provide in-depth and expansive descriptions of each book we offer on sale; these can be viewed both on our website and on our catalogues and thematic lists.
In our descriptions we note the condition, completeness, and authenticity of the book, which we guarantee.
Should you find any book purchased from us unsatisfactory for any reason, you can return it for a full refund within 14 days of the date of purchase.
We have been describing books for in excess of forty years, and take great pains to get it right.
Sokol Books Ltd are members of the Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association (ABA). As the ABA website states, ‘members are elected solely on the basis of proven experience, expertise and integrity’. As elected members, we adhere to the ABA Code which includes, amongst other things, pledging ‘to guarantee of the authenticity of all material offered for sale’.
Our Terms and Conditions
In order to proceed to payment, please add the desired product/s to your basket by clicking ‘add to list’ on the product page, and then complete and submit the online enquiry form. If you are interested in acquiring single product, you can click ‘Enquire Now’ to be taken directly to the enquiry page. Please include any queries you might have about the book; we are very happy to provide additional photos or information, or to arrange a viewing.
You are also welcome to contact us directly, either by email or by phone, to arrange payment for the book you are interested in.
Once we have received your enquiry, we will be in touch shortly either to answer your questions or to provide you with a PDF invoice with directions for payment.
We observe the following terms for all sales:
- Payment may be made through bank transfer, cheque, or card (either in-person or on the telephone).
- If you are a new customer, books will only be sent after your cheque, bank transfer, or card payment has succeeded.
- All payments are due within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Postage and insurance will be charged on parcels unless otherwise specified.
- Parcels are normally sent via Fedex, subject to any particular customer request.
- International bank charges may be charged to the customer at our discretion.
- Any book may be returned within 14 days for any reason.
- All books remain our property until paid for in full.