From JOACHIM De Fiore, Venice, 1589. Click here for more information.
We do have facilities for online purchases; please contact us if you are interested in a book. We will be happy to provide further photos or information, or to arrange a viewing.
We observe the following terms for all sales:
- If you are a new customer, books will only be sent after your cheque or bank transfer has succeeded. If you are a returning customer, payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Postage and insurance (at 1% of the catalogue price) are charged on all parcels unless otherwise specified.
- Payment is due within 21 days of the invoice date.
- If payment is to be made in a currency other than pounds sterling, please add $10 or €10 to cover bank charges.
- Any book may be returned within 14 days for any reason.
- All books remain our property until paid for in full.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on outstanding invoices at our discretion.
Selling Your Books
We are always keen to add to our stock, with a particular focus on English STC books (pre 1640), continental books printed up to the early 1600s and medieval and renaissance manuscripts both decorative and textual, in all languages and on all subjects. We are also occasional purchasers of collections of later items. We are particularly eager to acquire fine, complete copies in early bindings.
If you are thinking of disposing of such items, please do get in touch to arrange an appointment. We are always pleased to consider offers, and will give as much help and advice as we can if your books are not for us. This is always provided free of charge and with no obligation on your part. Naturally, our discretion is assured.